By Chang-Hee Won, Cheryl B. Schrader, Anthony N. Michel
This volume—dedicated to Michael ok. Sain at the party of his 70th birthday—is a set of chapters masking fresh advances in stochastic optimum keep an eye on conception and algebraic structures idea. Written via specialists of their respective fields, the chapters are thematically equipped into 4 parts:
* half I makes a speciality of statistical keep an eye on theory, the place the associated fee functionality is considered as a random variable and function is formed via fee cumulants. during this admire, statistical keep watch over generalizes linear-quadratic-Gaussian and H-infinity control.
* half II addresses algebraic platforms theory, reviewing using algebraic platforms over semirings, modules of zeros for linear multivariable structures, and zeros in linear time-delay systems.
* half III discusses advances in dynamical platforms characteristics. The chapters specialize in the steadiness of a discontinuous dynamical method, approximate decentralized fastened modes, direct optimum adaptive keep watch over, and balance of nonlinear structures with restricted information.
* half IV covers engineering education and contains a special bankruptcy on theology and engineering, one in every of Sain's most recent examine interests.
The publication could be an invaluable reference for researchers and graduate scholars in structures and regulate, algebraic structures thought, and utilized arithmetic. Requiring merely wisdom of undergraduate-level keep watch over and structures conception, the paintings can be used as a supplementary textbook in a graduate direction on optimum keep watch over or algebraic platforms theory.
Read or Download Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain PDF
Best linear programming books
The 1990 CIME path on Mathematical Modelling of commercial approaches set out to demonstrate a few advances in questions of business arithmetic, i. e. of the purposes of arithmetic (with all its "academic" rigour) to real-life difficulties. The papers describe the genesis of the types and illustrate their suitable mathematical features.
There are primarily 2 well-developed useful tools that dominate the answer equipment recognized for fixing linear programming (linear optimization) difficulties at the computing device. the 1st one is the "Simplex approach" which used to be first constructed within the Nineteen Forties yet has considering the fact that advanced into a good process by using many algorithmic and reminiscence garage methods.
The aim of this monograph is to handle the problem of the worldwide controllability of partial differential equations within the context of multiplicative (or bilinear) controls, which input the version equations as coefficients. The mathematical types we research contain the linear and nonlinear parabolic and hyperbolic PDE's, the Schrödinger equation, and paired hybrid nonlinear disbursed parameter platforms modeling the swimming phenomenon.
Totally Tuned Radial foundation functionality Neural Networks for Flight keep an eye on provides using the Radial foundation functionality (RBF) neural networks for adaptive keep watch over of nonlinear structures with emphasis on flight keep watch over purposes. A Lyapunov synthesis method is used to derive the tuning ideas for the RBF controller parameters for you to warrantly the soundness of the closed loop method.
- Elements of Optimization: With Applications in Economics and Business
- Introduction to Linear Optimization (Athena Scientific Series in Optimization and Neural Computation, 6)
- Mathematical Methods in Robust Control of Linear Stochastic Systems
- Scheduling Theory. Single-Stage Systems
- Topology I
- Graph Algebras and Automata
Additional info for Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain
371–375, 1976. [SS96] A. A. Stoorvogel and J. H. Van Schuppen, System Identification with Information Theoretic Criteria, Identification, Adaptation, Learning: The Science of Learning Models from Data (NATO Asi Series. Series F, Computer and Systems Sciences, Vol. 153, Sergio Bittanti (Editor), Giorgio Picci (Editor), Springer, Berlin, 1996, pp. 289–338. [Uch89] K. Uchida and M. Fujita, On the Central Controller: Characterizations via Differential Games and LEQG Control Problems, Systems & Control Letters, Volume 13, pp9–13, 1989.
M. K. Sain, Chang-Hee Won, and B. F. , Cumulant Minimization and Robust Control, Stochastic Theory and Adaptive Control, Lecture Notes 26 Chang-Hee Won, Ronald W. Diersing, and Stephen Yurkovich in Control and Information Sciences 184, T. E. Duncan and B. ), Springer-Verlag, pp. 411–425, 1992. [SWS95] M. K. Sain, Chang-Hee Won, and B. F. , Cumulants in RiskSensitive Control: The Full-State Feedback Cost Variance Case, Proceedings of the Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans, LA, pp. 1036–1041, 1995.
F. , M. K. Sain, and J. Suhardjo, Structural Control Design in the Presence of Time Delays, Proceedings of the ASCE Engineering Mechanics Conference, College Station, TX, pp. 812–815, 1992. [SSWKS93] B. F. Spencer, M. K. -H. Won, D. C. Kaspari, and P. M. Sain, ReliabilityBased Measures of Structural Control Robustness, Structural Safety, 15, pp. 111–129, 1993. [SDJ74] J. L. Speyer, J. Deyst, and D. H. Jacobson, Optimization of Stochastic Linear Systems with Additive Measurement and Process Noise Using Exponential Performance Criteria, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-19, No.
Advances in Statistical Control, Algebraic Systems Theory, and Dynamic Systems Characteristics: A Tribute to Michael K. Sain by Chang-Hee Won, Cheryl B. Schrader, Anthony N. Michel